Saturday, January 31, 2009

Work Plan Year 7

What I've been noticing recently is that Kieron is no longer into learning directly from Mom, which is probably completely normal considering that he is turned 13 now. I always like to keep the "curling up on the couch" model going as long as possible, but I should probably now start exploring alternatives.

I like this Windy Creek system of keeping logs so I think I will try something similar for Kieron. I need to type it up properly but here's a draft.

Math

  1. Computer
  2. Lesson
  3. Lesson
  4. Lesson
  5. Worksheet or Journal

Latin

  1. Computer
  2. Lesson
  3. Lesson
  4. Some type of written review or writing/speaking project

Writing (choose 1 from the list)

  • Journal
  • Story
  • Comic
  • Copywork
  • Other

Activity (choose 2 per day)

  • Go outside
  • Drawing
  • Science/Art project
  • Cleaning
  • Cooking or Baking
  • Conversation
  • Game with Siblings

Reading/Discussion (I have to make a list of choices still)

I can add things or revise as needed, but perhaps this will give us a start.

1 comment:

  1. This is where I am Willa- and being such a bad transitioner I am finding it hard to transition away from the group' on the couch listening to Mom while playing Lego or drawing' type of learning. Somehow I am so hesitant to give them a comprehensive list- childhood seems so short, but at the same time my oldest is 14 in a couple of weeks. Lots of schizophrenic homeschool planning in my brain right now!!(smile)

    Kristie

    ReplyDelete