- Even though I felt like our days were light, we did cover most everything except Greek (see gif on left for details).
- We are pretty much right on track for exams next week.
Summary for Year 1, for the whole trimester.
- Paddy can do addition up to the 5's and is starting subtraction. He sometimes uses his fingers, sometimes does the operation in his head.
- Aidan is learning to name numbers over 20 and can match 2-digit numbers with only a few transposition mistakes.
- Paddy can read on a simple first year level.
- Aidan can spell several words from memory and read them.
- Aidan can write words from memory (simple 3-letter words). He still has trouble forming some letters.
- Paddy is just learning to form curves. He can write a "C" but has trouble with "S".
- Both have improved in coloring. Aidan did a double-color design with attention to detail. Paddy has learned to stay mostly within the lines though he still leaves white spaces inside the outline.
- Both have improved in listening comprehension. Paddy listens to chapter books on and off, and Aidan likes repeating phrases from things he hears. Both recite bits of poetry.
- Paddy has learned about bees and hurricanes from the Magic School Bus. He is an active listener who asks lots of "why" questions while he is listening to stories.
- Aidan has gained in competence with various life skills. He likes to help in the kitchen, take pictures, bring in firewood, and help clean the vacuum filter.