Thursday, November 06, 2008

Day 46

Another clear day, not quite as cold as yesterday.

Morning Reading:

  • a few chapters of Despereaux
  • a section from Christ the King on the Spanish Armada
  • more of The Lady of Shalott
  • I also read several stories to Paddy from an anthology, while Kieron made cookies.

Then there was an extended break of a sort while I found some Mad Libs for Kieron and he played them (Language Arts). Then Paddy wanted to do some. I hung around for a while and then I took a bath.

Review/Study with Kieron:

  • MEP chapter 9 -- Areas and Perimeters, 9.1 and 9.2
  • Latin -- answering questions on yesterday's reading, in Latin. Discussed ablative
  • History -- review questions on the Babylonian Captivity
  • Science -- more review -- we've finished Unit 2.
  • Grammar -- "Why the English Language is So Hard to Learn"
  • Handwriting -- I forgot to mention that yesterday so I'll put it on here today.

Thus concludes Week 11.

This weekend my project will have to be writing out some questions I think he will be able to narrate upon.

Aidan worked with his word box and with number matching.

Object of Interest for the Day (Aidan):



This is the garage door light. Aidan has become fascinated with it. He goes out into the (icy cold) garage to admire it. Brendan took the picture for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment