Monday, December 01, 2008

Food and Toy Sheets


I made these two sheets to deal with two household issues that have been annoying me recently -- toys, and food. With the toys, the problem is the lack of order. Some toys get buried and are never accessed, while others get scattered all over the house. I'm trying to figure out a better "flow" for this.

For the food, I want LESS flow, so to speak.

For both issues, I thought that having a list of goals would help me to work on things. For me, stating the problem is fairly close to solving the problem. The problem is getting the problem accurately stated : ).

There's something else -- I want to try to turn the negatives into positives, as so many things CAN be turned. I don't know if that makes sense.

Let me use an example -- I read a Montessori article where a teacher saw a toddler being reprimanded for "getting into" her daddy's office supplies at work. The teacher noted that what she was getting scolded for was exactly what small children are being encouraged to do in an orderly, constructive way at a Montessori school.

Rather than get irritated because the kids leave their boots in the kitchen (!) it would be better to teach them how to put their boots away, making it into something that is a sort of ritual in itself. Hmm, don't know if that makes sense, but when you read those sheets don't imagine me posting Rules Lists but rather just trying to focus on these areas for improvement.

I didn't make these as downloadables because I figured other people have different issues than we do here.... but let me know if I'm wrong!

No comments:

Post a Comment