Friday, September 12, 2008

Reading Lesson Planning Sheet


Reading Rescue Reading Plan for Level 1 (pdf)

I just got the book Reading Rescue 1-2-3 from the library. I am not sure what I think of the reading philosophy yet, but I like some of the ideas very much. They are similar to what I've been doing with Aidan.

The book has different "levels" of readers based on a pre-test. Aidan scored in the early B stage of Level 1 (meaning that he knows all the alphabet sounds and names, but can't really read words yet) and Paddy was at the high C level (he could read the sample quite easily, but made a few mistakes).

This is a slightly changed version of the "Worksheet" which you use to plan or record lessons with the child. I like the way it's organized, though I probably would not ever manage to get either of my boys to sit and learn to read for 30 minutes! But I may use it as a sort of outline or record of what we do over time.

No comments:

Post a Comment