Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Term by Topic 2008



I uploaded a topic chart for Year 7 (part 1 and part 2, both PDF) It isn't quite complete yet because I didn't have topics yet for things like local nature study, life skills and art projects.

This is part of the first page (left). I have six "terms" because we are operating in the trimester system and it makes it easier for me to get my brain around smaller units -- so I divided each trimester in half. Only the first 3 terms show up in the gif.

I think I am going to use this topic chart as a sort of springboard for casual "themes" for the Year 1 children. Not that they will be reading Spenser or trying to deal with decimals, but some of the religion topics and history topics (shown in the doc file but not in the gif) can be adapted to younger ones.


I have What Your First Grader Needs to Know and it might be a good thing to use as an occasional resource because it covers the earlier days of US History.

No comments:

Post a Comment