It's Halloween, so today has been a bit different than usual. For one thing, Paddy is still in sugar-shock from yesterday's homeschool party. The kids wanted to be in the rain, so they were in and out all day. This, I count as part of the curriculum which really ought to include more out-of-doors time than it actually does.
- I read 2 chapters of The Blood Red Crescent to Kieron and Paddy.
- Then I read a bit of Chesterton's poem to Kieron.
- Then we looked for outdoors jackets -- haven't really needed to use them before this so they were buried deep. And they went outside a few times (Nature)
- Then I had him do math online -- review on order of operations.
- Then I assigned him a written exercise in Latin. He is groaning about it since we do most of it verbally under ordinary circumstances.
That's about it. On his own time he read a bio of St John Bosco (religion, reading).
This week I read Paddy a few science books which I forgot to mention before:
- Zipping, Zapping, Zooming Bats
- MSB and the Beehives
- MSB and Weather
This week 11 will be review week. My project for this weekend is to figure out what and how to review.