Saturday, September 15, 2007

Rhythm for the Day

Thoughts on Lesson Planning -- how timely.

That's what I have been trying to do all weekend.

I THINK I am making progress. We will see on Monday. That's when I either realize I am prepared or that I have been fooling myself.

Anyway, I wrote a proposed Rhythm for the day. (I am putting it in the sidebar). We are not there yet. We do the early morning stuff and then basically move straight to the afternoon. I'd like to have some sort of second wave in the morning so my task this week will be to try to work that in and/OR figure out if it is practicable right now.

The other thing I did was to cut up some colored cardstock into 3.5 X 2 inch rectangles. On them I wrote all the different things I could think of that I wanted to do sometime during a week. My plan is to shuffle them and randomly draw some number of them per day for the week. I wrote about something like this before: Grab Bag and Grab Bag II.

Tomorrow some of us are travelling south to visit Liam at TAC -- so I'll probably be spending the car time thinking more about planning.

No comments:

Post a Comment